Thursday, April 7, 2011

It's Winter time! Our first visitors!

Having friends from USA visit us in Vienna is like a drink of water on
a very dry hot day. I cannot believe Monica made the time over her
spring break with Olivia to get jetlagged and come to Vienna. The day
they arrived was beautiful and I just couldn't believe they were here.
My kids enjoyed, maybe a little too much, playing the role of tour
guide and it made them feel very cool to be able to show off their
"ubahn skills" (subway). We toured around the city, took in some
sights, got lost, ice skated, celebrated Aiden's birthday, took then
to the church we attend, ate Kebops, and some other Turkish thing
Monica knew about.

One of the highlights was getting a "girls night out" with just
adults! Steve was gracious to let us have a lot of time out and
about but the night out to Vapionos was just special, Monica, Jen
Beilman and I went out and ate good food then took in the city at
night and sneaked into some old churches and cathedrals. It was a
sacred, fun and beautiful weather night. I hope Olivia enjoyed her
time here and took home some good memories. Matthew told her he
didn't like her "clogging" which she did all over Vienna. My son is
so nice! However, he has tried to clog everyday since they left "like
that girl". So mockery is flattery right? Clogging is the new street
dancing.

While our time was great together it is important to note we wished so
bad that Jerald and Karis could have been here with us. Karis was not
far from our thoughts while Monica was here, and that makes me happy.
Karis would have loved it here and loved the sights and smells and
tastes, she was an amazing kid who we miss very much and I am glad
Monica is in my life so I can laugh with her and facebook with her and
watch Olivia clog with her, and be able to talk about Karis!

No comments: