Tuesday, January 11, 2011

New Friends

Today was a very "normal" day for me. Well if you subtract out the 2 bus rides, 3 tram rides (should have been 2) and the 8 block walk (should have been 2), Aiden learning how to use his ticket on the tram, and Aiden finding all of our stops (I didn't listen the first time hence the extra tram ride and the extra walked blocks), and Matthew using his quiet voice on the train while reminding me not to leave my groceries on the bus......it was a normal day! But don't work the chocolate, bread, and wine all made it home to Flow House Safe and Sound! For the normal part. I got to hang out with some new friends and minimally help them with their move to a new house. My kids had a blast playing with legos and wii and having a "playdate". I love how my boys can get together with kids and act like they knew each other forever! They have grasped easily what I still need to learn....people are people and fun to be around, they have not judged, they are having fun! Anyway I got to stay for dinner after our playdate with our new friends the Beilmans. What a delight they are! Glad to have met them, they have been such an encouragement to us here as we have transitioned. Excited to see what God has in store for us here and how He will knit our lives with new people, new friends, each other, and the college students. I have no doubt that somehow the paths of some people I have met here will cross each other in my future and I do not want to take that potential for granted! Annamae

3 comments:

Betsy said...

How wonderful!!!!!

EstherNow said...

Love your thoughts, Annamae! :)

New people to meet and greet!

Laura and Walter said...

go great to see how God weaves people in and out of our lives when we need them most!