Saturday, January 8, 2011

The Pizza Place



Hi, this is Aiden and I would like to tell you about something we did today.

Today my daddy, his students, and Guenter went on a walking tour of the area. They invited my family and me to join them. First, we walked about 6 blocks to a Jewish cemetery. The cemetery is only open 2 days a year and is protected by a large stone wall with barbed wire. This is to keep people from coming in and "desecrating" (spray painting) the graves and headstones.

Next, we went to the train station and we bought tickets. These tickets allow us to travel on the train and bus for one month. Tomorrow my mommy wants to take us to church on the bus and train while my daddy does work with the students.

Finally, we did my favorite thing! We went to a pizza place. I had a margarita pizza. This is a cheese pizza. All of the pizzas are personal pizzas, but they are huge so I split mine with my brother (but I didn't know I had split mine with my brother). I learned that if you want a pepperoni pizza you order the salami, which is from Hungary. If you order a pepperoni pizza you will be given one with a bunch of jalapeno peppers! My daddy learned that when you pay the bill you tip 10% and tell them how much you want to pay. For example, if you owed 8 euros and you want to give them 1 euro for a tip, you would hand them a 10 euro bill and say "nine." Then they know to give you one euro back. My daddy messed this up (ha ha ha). You don't leave the tip on the table.

So far we are all having a good time. Matthew wishes it would snow but the weather is warm enough to go out and play. I think I will go do that now with my daddy.

Aiden

2 comments:

Laura and Walter said...

sounds like a great time Aiden! Great job blogging!

EstherNow said...

Thank you, Aiden!

I have learned so much! You are a great "explainer" and teacher!

Keep enjoying your time in Austria!